Wednesday, May 1, 2013

fatherhood as a single parent

Father hood is less talked about; mainly because 80% minority males grow up without a father in their lives. Today is much different in my opinion; in what have I observed in the last 4 years I see more minority fathers being fathers.... Living in house. Here's what I don't know; how many men are there that are raising children as a single parent? We have women that has replied to my brothe Phil and I project, of wanting to interview; and do documentary on this topic. I already have an interview with a gentlemen named Cree Turner; I look forward to sitting down with him and having his point of view. I understand the other side of not having a father truly being a part of my life. I want and need to know; what made these men step up to the plate. My curiosity is Moreso, discerning reasons; I had to step into fatherhood, to having being blessed to seeing my daughter borned. And my wife having two children from another marriage. Look forward to getting comments, or stories you think I would love to hear.

1 comment:

  1. When I had my 1st child I couldn't wait. Then the day he was born a fear over took me. I wanted to run away because I never had to burden that much responsibility. I stayed and conquered my fear. Then I was like ok now I see why we as a people run away and are left with the biggest percentage of single parent homes in Americkkka. A lot just don't know how to conquer that fear of responsibility. That mixed in with the economical hardships and environmental influences we go through more often than not makes for a single parent home. Blessings for all the single parents and kudos to ones that stayed together.......

    ReplyDelete